We survived our trip to Redfield – Pheasant Capital of the World! 


Not kidding.  We saw more of the suckers than I could count while driving out there and back.  Luckily they opted not to fly in front of our car.  Over it sometimes, barely, but we didn’t take any out.  I did want to stop to take some pictures for you, but on the way out, I was all “Dude – we’re nearly there, don’t stop” and on the way back it was “Yeesh, we’ve got how many hours?  No, we ain’t stoppin’.”  I didn’t even take a picture of the huge pheasant statue they have downtown.  Maybe in August.

But!  We did take pictures.  In fact my niece took enough to run through two sets of batteries on my camera.  I can usually make a set last a couple weeks!  The charger will be working overtime.  It probably didn’t help that she also took a ton of video – that seems to help the batteries along.

eggsColoring Easter eggs with the cousins

lunchHaving lunch after his hair cut.

basketFinding his basket (Josh’s family has a tradition of hiding the baskets).

boysGoofy boys.

oldredUh, I think you’re supposed to be finding eggs kiddo.

It was a fast trip.  Nice to see everyone, but I think we’re all glad to be back home in our own beds.  In fact the boy fell asleep at 6 o’clock last night.  I was a bit worried he’d wake up at 4 ready to go for the day, but he slept right through until almost 6:30.  Plum tuckered out I’d say.

We stopped out at the property last night.  Of course they weren’t working over the weekend, but there was some action yesterday.  The siding is nearly finished:



And they finished hanging the drywall on Friday.  The drywallers were there yesterday prepping to start taping.  (Drywallers?  Is that what they’re called?  Doesn’t seem quite right…)


First glance at the kitchen area.   Makes me drool.  They will not tape/texture fast enough for me I suspect. 

We’re picking up our fridge today, although it’ll be stashed at the campground with the flooring for awhile longer.  It was a steal of a deal that we couldn’t pass up, but it meant we had to get it now and find a place to store it.  We’re also trying to finish up the garage doors.  Josh hung the top tracks last night, but we need some more angle iron to finish it off and make it stable before it will really be done.  That and install the openers.

The weather is also bee-you-ti-ful.  In the mid-50s for a few days.  Heck, our grass is even greening up!  I’m guessing we’ll be working on decking again this week.  We still need to finish putting the front down.  And do all the railing.  And the steps.  And the whole deck on the back of the house.  Just a bit left!  *smirk*  I’m hoping to take the Boy to Bear Country on Saturday for this and have lunch with a dear friend I haven’t seen in far too long.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!